Friday, May 7, 2010

Well its summer time again, and thank goodness. School was wearing on me and i feared that if i had to go much longer i would, A.) explode, B.) freak out and be a not very nice person to everyone around me, or C.) not care anymore and my grades would be horrible and i would be kicked out of school. Its true one of those things would have really happened. So its a very good thing that school ended. However the excitement i feel with school letting out, the same excitement is not there for coming home to Missouri and leaving my friends, singles ward, independence, and life in Provo.

I am grateful to have the time to spend with my family but it is interesting having all the independence i want and then coming home and my life is turned upside down. i have someone to report to and there are children running everywhere asking you questions are telling you things or just screaming at each other right next to you. i don't understand why they insist on coming into whatever room i am and yelling at each other, wouldn't it be the same argument in any other room?

I had an amazing semester. It was different than any i have had in the past. i learned a lot o f new things and learning more about myself and about people in general. i had some of the happiest days and some of the worst days. I experienced trials that i never had before. I even had my heart broken. It was all worth it though. I learned so much and i truly believe i am a better person today because of this past semester at BYU.

Not that i am home in Missouri (Misery), i have a lot i need to do to make this summer worth it. I am working everyday at National Pearl managing shipments. Its a ton of work and i have a lot of responsibilities. I love it though. i get back some of the independence i lost when i moved back into my parents home. I get to work by myself and feel as though im accomplishing something. I have to work hard and effectively. If i mess up my family and our company loses money they we don't have. It gets boring when i sit in a shop all by myslef with a grumpy guy in the next room but i am going to think of rather as a gift. a gift of time. To think and to ponder. To make myself a better person. i can listen to talks on the computer and i can do thinks that are worthy of my time and talents.

I hope that my time this summer is worth it. I know the Lord has sent me home for something. to learn something or teach someone. I hope and pray that i can make a difference in my life and have experiences with my family and the people here in Missouri that will change my life in the years to come. I will probably do either of the three things i mentioned before while here in Missouri, and im already looking forward tot eh fall semester at BYU, but for now im just going to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment