Thursday, May 5, 2011


I found this picture and it really made me think. I feel like so many times in our lives we think we are the only people who have rough times. The only people who go through hard things. Guess what? EVERYONE does. Everyone has something they feel insecure about. Everyone wishes they could change something about themselves. There is always something in our lives to work on or something to improve. In my health class today we talked about a new mental health issue called Facebook Depression. It is a real thing. People see other people's lives on facebook and think that because people post their best moments, their best pictures, and all the great things that happen to them in their lives, they have perfect lives. We dont see inside the heartbreaks, the pain, or the failures each person faces everyday.

In my life i have always felt like i need to be strong and never show my weaknesses. Growing up as an athlete my motto was "Never let them see you cry". i think i took that into all aspects of my life. If i cried, i was weak. If i showed i was hurt, i was weak. If i let something get to me, i was weak. Well ive come to realize, i am weak. I have my own hard times. I have had my heart broken. i have failed at things that meant the world to me. I have been rejected and ignored. I have given my all, and that wasnt good enough. But its ok. Its ok to admit that hard things happen to everyone. No one on this earth have never felt pain or sorrow. Without pain we would never feel joy. And that joy is so much more sweet when we know what it is like to feel pain. I am grateful for my trials. Each day we become better, stronger people by experiencing the joy but also the pain that comes with life.

I have come to love this quote from Mother Teresa. What an amazing woman. There is a lot we can learn from these words.

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


And i add, You will have weaknesses and trials. Live life anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment